Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator
  • Amazon's #1 selling wine accessory. This decanter works 100x better than mouth gargling :)

It really brings out hidden flavor from cheap Costco wine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UPOJ5W/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

20121026-P1010441-2.jpg
    540 x 720 - 333K
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • You can also put wine in a blender and get the same effect, but with the bragging rights of saying you put wine in a blender. :)

• Btw, proper wine tasting is another weird jokes our mind play with us. As whole purpose is to become drunk. And people just try to use brain parts (and habits made by same weirdos) that are not made for this purpose.

• So true. There was a test with wine aficionados where they tried exactly the same wine, but were told fictitious prices for different samples. Guess what? The more "expensive" ones tasted much better ;-)

That said, I Iike a good glass on RED, err, glass of red, but I trust my own taste. Some of those I like are pretty cheap…

• Simply brilliant contraption. The more elegant the snake oil the more satisfied the customer and the more money it will make for its inventor.

• I was bought one of these from Christmas a few years ago. Does it aerate the wine? Yes. Does it aerate it well? Yes. Can I achieve similar by decanting, swilling and leaving to rest for 10 minutes? Yes.

Works well when you don't have time to decant cheap wine that needs all the help it can get. I wouldn't dream of using it on good stuff though.

• Yeap I wouldn't use it on good stuff. Only on cheap wine.

@VK wine is food.

• I saw a video of a blind tasting test where people could not tell red from white. BTW you can get very nice wine at Costco, including a Damilano Barolo at a very good price--it is Trader J. who has the infamous "two buck Chuck".