Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lumix GH 2, Cinelook Question
  • hello, im a beginner with lumix hacks. I got the gh2, and im searching for a cinelook, that i can make perfekt grading in the postproduction. I dont know but there so much hacks, and my english is not so good, that i understand all the setting. Im looking only for the best setting for a filmlook, with best qualitiy and good grading in the post. thanks best regards

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @gh2skater

There is no best setting, just as there is no best camera, or best lens. Any piece of equipment is only as good as the user. All settings posted here are relevant to specific purposes, you would have to trial and error to see which ones fit your needs best.

As for grading, I don't understand your question. There is no best setting or that elusive film look. If you are shooting with a GH2, then there is just the digital look. No point trying to simulate things (like dynamic range, colour space etc, film grain) when they are not there in the first place. There is however such a thing called the rules of cinematography, which include principles of photography and lighting, and I advise you to learn them if you want to produce images of a decent quality.

• I would recommend playing around with a few of the Apocalypse Now patches as well as, Canis and Sedna. Try using a tiffen ultra con filter- either #1 or #2. They will keep the colors from baking into the footage. That will help in post. I also think they can help with DR. I'm not saying they'll give you an extra stop, but there is a difference- http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/90788#Comment_90788