Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cheap handle for your GH2 (or other small camera)
  • For those run-and-gunners:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SURE-GRIP-DIGITAL-FILM-CAMERA-HANDLE-TRAY-bracket-TRY-you-love-/130752581099

I haven't picked one up myself yet but it looks promising and the price is certainly right.

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • Make topic title less general.

If you ask me, it looks like shit.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Why?

I've been using this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/774435-REG/Dot_Line_DL_0308_Right_Angle_Flash_Bracket.html

But I had to flip the grip upside down to the on the right side and the cross piece is too long for the GH2. It sticks out on the other side of the camera. Not the case with the one from eBay.

• @QuickHitRecord

I'm always interested in what people fined useful when it comes to wrestling a DSLR into shape & behave itself as a video machine. If you do pick one up, tell us if it helps.

• "AND SCULPTURED FROM SATAN FINISHED ALUMINUM TO COMPLIMENT YOUR CAMERA."

don't know how I feel about them taking Satan's input...

• LOL

Im guessing it's supposed to be satin finished, but satan-finished just sells the hell out of it (pun intended). Makes it sound tough. Lemme know how it fits your GH2 mate

• I believe Satan Finished Aluminum means heat treated.

• I think theyre referring to the brushed metal look/satin finish. Either way im sold if this works for the good ol GH2 (pretty cheap, still dont have a fig rig yet)

• I ordered one. Satan would approve. I'll let you know how it goes.

• UPDATE: Build quality is fine but it's just too small in my hand. My fingers wrap all the way around it and then some. It feels like it would be a better option for tiny point and shoots. I returned it for a complete refund. The seller was courteous and communicative.

• Hello, i work with this - http://www.spiderbrace.com - for years (documentary, tv magazines). It's plastic, it's cheap, it's light, it's convenient, it is removable, and it really helps to have a shot in the shoulder very accurate. It works so well if you put weight at back and you can shoot for hours. For many professionals the spiderbrace is crap plastic, but for me, I had the opportunity to use models of shoulder brands very expensive, and nothing seemed to me more practical . Regarding the GH2, the spiderbrace a definite plus: the middle handle which allows the operator to adjust the focus while filming ... Another advantage, especially for the documentary where you do not know what will happen when shooting the spiderbarce gave me the opportunity to follow characters on long journeys, can follow them as they passed one door, down the stairs while filming them stably. I'll post in a few weeks, a 20-minute film for Arte (TV channel Franco-German) that I shot with my GH2 and this accesoire. best regards

• I've had a couple Spiderbraces over the years - after a lot of use, they tend to break down, but I agree, for the price they're still my favorite inexpensive shoulder mount. I'm a fan!

• @gabilourson & @Oedipax

I just incorporated a reinforced middle handle into my shoulder rig for follow focus operation. I'd never seen it done before and for a moment I even dared to think that I had come up with something original! But it looks like the SpiderBrace beat me to the punch.