Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fave Music-OT
  • I have a total off-topic Q. What is your fave music/band/artist? (Not for filming exactly). I'm looking for inspiration. Plan to get into songwriting mode soon. I'm more into modern heavier rock...

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I suggest to change topic title.

• I don't watch much Anime anymore, but my fav music is off my favorite Anime's soundtracks.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Inital D, Cowboy Bebop, The vision of Escaflowne, Macross Plus. The last three were done by the same composer Yoko Kanno. She's second only to John Williams in my book. She can do pop, techno, jazz, and classical orchestral. Watch Escaflowne and then Cowboy Bebop to see how different her music is.

My most listened to until I started listening to only podcasts was the music from Initial D. It's a racing anime and the music is called "eurobeats", and is perfect fast driving music. Do a youtube search and you'll find pretty much everything, I don't want to add links cause this would easily make this post 10 feet long just with Kanno's work.

EDIT: Also I don't watch Top Gear much since it became so obvious, but the first 6 seasons or so, have some of the best music uses. It's on Netflix instant, but I don't know if all the music is the same from when it was originally broadcast, but it's close enough to the original. Great uses of Craig Armstrong, who's also done some great work.

• One band that never disappoints me is "Yo La Tengo". I love the shit out of them.

• Rodrigo y Gabriella has been a fave of mine for a few years. Jon Braman has been getting a bit of Spotify time over the last couple of weeks. Big fan of Fabrizio Paterlini too. I pretty much love anyone that loves what they do.