Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
HBR = 30fps? 60fps slowed down = jittery?
  • Hi! NEW to the forum and about to Donate in just a second as I have learned a lot on here!

You guys have made me almost sell my 5Dmkii, almost...!

But, I have to say that at this point I'm a little disappointed with the GH2.

First, the hack I'm using is spanmybitchup v2b. I'm shooting on a Nikkor 50mm 1.8.

I was shooting a music video yesterday and had the GH2 as my B camera. I tried to shoot on HBR...when I got home to edit, I realized that it's been shot in 30fps...super let down. I can't use this footage as everything I ever shoot in in 24p....sigh....

Last weekend, I brought it down to Houston for a celebrity basketball tournament. I get there, set up my 5D and walk the floor capturing dunks and stuff like that in 60fps. I get home to edit, interpret the footage to 24fps...its VERY jittery. So, I take a look at more footage. Also jittery and not a smooth slow motion. Some of it was. Weird.

Questions: If I shoot in 24p cinema and I have the hack installed...am I even shooting with the highest quality the hack has to offer or is this still just normal, stock GH2 footage?

60fps. Why is it that I am getting jittery slow motion when conformed down to 24fps? Why is it smooth sometimes? I REALLY don't like to roll the dice especially for events...if you sleep on capturing a moment, or it doesn't turn out good...it's gone forever.

That's all!

Thank you guys so much!!!