Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
A way to blend two settings?
  • Hi. This is my first post, I've had my GH2 for a couple of months now, and I'm currently shooting a few music videos. Slow motion is a must for me, and I've tried Driftwood's Sedna patch and it's great. Unfortunately, the bitrate on 1080p is a bit too much for me. The thing is I've tried EOSHD Unified patch and it worked great for me, until I shot at 720p. It was quite bad, because I had just gotten the camera and had to shoot a video (shouldn't do that, but so were the circumnstances) and wasn't able to thoroughly try the footage. So when I got to edit A WHOLE VIDEO SHOT AT 720p it turned out I had around 11-30Mbps videos. The compression was quite visible, and had to use a lot of Neat... Still, it turned out right. But if I could get the EOSHD Unified 1080p performance (good enough for me) along with Sedna's 720p quality, it'd be awesome. Is there a way? Or are both modes intertwined and modyfing one would mess with the other? Thanks!

By the way, here's the video I shot, in case you're curious about the result (there's grain added to the whole final render of the video, I must say, to simulate resolution and hide the extreme cleanness that the footage ended up having after applying Neat Video):

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Hi- I use TWIXTOR even on SEDNA's 1080p , 24 or 25.And it looks great! Just make sure you have a higher shutter speed though

• Hey Charlie, awesome video and great song, love the whole concept. I've found mixing or changing settings that others have developed unwise as there is a delicate balancing act getting all modes to perform optimally and I don't understand enough to do so. Maybe try LPowells new Flow Motion v2 due to be released in the next few days.

• @charlie_orozco Maybe try LPowells new Flow Motion v2 due to be released in the next few days.

Or Driftwood's Cluster V2 which may be out any time. (You might like V1)

• In the meantime, Sanity 5 works with just about anything.

• Thank you, Rambo! And thanks, guys. I'll be trying those other patches as soon as I can to see what fits my needs best. Still, the images I get out of this camera and also with the added quality of the hacks is awesome. Can't wait for the GH3 (hoping they listen to what we need!).