Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
mpgxsvcd's stable settings - More Stupid Questions
  • Newbie here.

Tried Mpgx's stable settings and wanted to revert back to panny's 1.1 firmware, but it's not allowing me. I even renamed the .bin file a version higher than what I had...Not sure if I misread the faq (it mentioned having to always make the next version higher numbered.)

Basically, I'd like to know what exactly this stable hack is doing for me over the 1.1. I was under the impression that image quality would improve and that I could shoot in lower light with higher ISOS. But, now I can't go back and check.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • go back to 1.0 and after that use 1.1 again. Thats it !

• You can simply reinstall the original Version 1.0 settings and then the V1.1 original settings like Benibube said. Don't modify the original file names at all. Just simply put them on a card and install them with a full battery.

What the "No adverse Affects" settings give you is a much more constant bit rate than the stock settings give you. Their bit rates are moderate at 2x stock. However, those settings will give you a near constant bit rate regardless of what you are recording.

For example with stock bit rates I typically see less than 10 megabits per second when shooting a low motion, low dynamic range, and low noise scene. With the no adverse affects settings I would typically see 42 megabits per second for 1080p @ 24 FPS and 32 megabits per second for all other settings.

That reduces any noise artifacts that occur from the camera selecting settings that cause too much compression.

The only times I don't get an even bit rate are when I am doing astro photography. There the majority of the screen is simply black. It just simply doesn't take a high bit rate for that. However, the videos still look good.

• Closed, please use beginners:... topics.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions