Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Need some music choices for mountain climbing vid
  • Hello all, I just filmed a 3-day hike up & down Mount Apo, Philippines for an NGO, and am looking for some 'inspirational' and progressive tunes to go with the edit. Here's something I like:

It's a non-commercial video so copyright doesn't matter. Thanks in advance!

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • listen to M83's back catalogue

'ok pal' from the new album is a song that i have in my back pocket to use. i think it's inspirational, fun, and somewhat progressive. And this is from someone who doesn't really like the band all that much, but they are a good fit for this sort of thing.

am not convinced that copyright doesn't matter though...

• That's the biggest Lav I think I've ever seen :) Nice vid

• I was also looking for music at the vimeo music store for a video so decided to look for something similar to your song in exchange for one of your Lomos. :D Couldnt find a track similar to the one on your posted video. Crap. These sound "inspirational" but not the same as they are more electronic than guitar strumming/riffs

https://vimeo.com/musicstore/track/141975

https://vimeo.com/musicstore/track/141984

Not sure if your copyright stuff is correct... Anyway, hope to see the vid as I'm from the Philippines!

• Just for clarification, copyright does matter (from a legal standpoint at least) regardless of whether it is used commercially or not. If it's being presented or distributed (e.g. streamed on YouTube/Vimeo, etc.), copyright holders have the right to have your video removed (and possibly even seek restitution) if you use their property without a license.

• ok thanks all. i guess what i simply mean i'm not using it for commercial purposes, which in retrospect does not matter to the artist... I know I'm using their stuff without permission! But yeah M83's new album is pretty good, decided to use 'Midnight City' and 'Outro'

• I like Jamendo..$21 for a one year license for a short film..why not throw the artists something for all their hard work..they have a good variety of music to fit any genre.