Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
US: Dangerous growth
  • Firearms industry is up 66 percent since the beginning of the Great Recession, providing an unexpected shot in the arm for the economy, according to a new study.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation says the economic impact of firearm sales — a figure that includes jobs. taxes and sales — hit $31 billion in 2011, up from $19 billion in 2008.

Jobs in the firearms business jumped 30 percent from 2008 to 2011, when the industry employed 98,750.

The industry paid $2.5 billion in federal taxes in 2011, up 66 percent in three years.

FBI reported that a record 14.4 million criminal background checks were requested for gun purchases in 2010, and that preliminary numbers project the figure to be above 16 million for 2011.

Via: http://www.financialarmageddon.com/2012/04/business-is-booming.html

arms.png
    913 x 664 - 64K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • The early 1990's saw a huge increase in gang violence and gang culture in America. Law abiding citizens have had enough. Events like the L.A. Riots and 9/11 have demonstrated to most Americans that the police/government is NOT here to protect you and your loved ones. When it comes right down to it, you're on your own. I've said for decades that civilized society hangs on a very thin thread no matter what country you live in, but Americans are living on the backs of those who fought and died to grant us our freedom (Revolutionary War). Most Americans think by default we are granted freedom forever. We are not. When the shit hits the fan and you're not armed to the teeth with weaponry and improvised explosive devices, you're royally f.......d. I think more and more people are realizing that which is driving gun sales up.

• Some of the rise is usually attributed to White terror of the notion of a Black President. Groups such as the Tea Party and Christian extremists truly believe President Obama seeks to impose some form of dictatorship. Since his election, there has been constant chatter about "Taking our country back" and such. I always thought it was kind of stupid and sad. As if a hand gun could stop a military assault. Look how great the Syrian rebels are doing against a military. And for sure, American military is far more lethal than the Syrian.

• My personal feeling and belief is that weapons are not to be projected, built, sold, bought, owned, used. Even hunting weapons and hunting in general would have to be banned in the most of the planet. Of course this feeling and belief has to face what is reality and current situation, nevertheless, this is part of the base guiding my toughs and actions.

• The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants!

Give me liberty or give me death!

Don't tread on me!

Remember the....Remember...ah...Remember that place in Texas!!

^_^

• This is economics topic, not topic about racism or politics.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions