Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
War: Some liberals are slow to react to changes of the wind
  • Ultraliberal and right-wing opposition leader Andrei Illarionov lost his job at the American Cato Institute for supporting Trump in his LiveJournal post. If this post was on Twitter or Facebook, then the social network account would probably have been banned also ...

“I no longer work at the Cato Institute,” Illarionov himself wrote on his page in LiveJournal. "As the vice-president of the institute told me, the reason is the content of the postscripts attached to my post on this blog, The Burning of the Reichstag -2021."

According to him, when invited to work at the Cato Institute, he was interested in the organization's position on various issues. “The management's response has always been the same:“ The institute has no other position than the protection of individual freedom. On any issues there is not the position of the institute, there are different positions of the staff of the institute, which they have every right to express. "

But now the norms of overseas democracy and freedom of speech have changed...

Very sad

Good quote on situation

Look, kid ... You are an orc. You are kept here so that an honest orcish voice can reach the people when necessary. For this they give food. Therefore, it is necessary to be very precise about what and when an honest orc voice should speak. And for this you need to constantly watch all the news ...

Victor Pelevin