Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
14-42mm cheap as hell,
  • ...that Beards & Hats will pay YOU nearly $8 to take it off their hands!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=gh2&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Actually Panny as I understand want to replace them with the new X 14-42, so they just probably want to clear out the stock.

• It's not a great lens by any means, I just found it amusing that not only are they giving it away, they are pricing it less than a body alone!

• There is nothing wrong with that lens. It is fine as an inexpensive kit lens.

• Perhaps I should have included a winky smile to everyone so they'd realize this was all tongue in cheek. I found it odd that you can get the camera with lens for 8 bucks less than the body alone. Why not just make it 10 bucks more? People still feel like they're getting a deal at that price...

• well, when I look at kit lenses from other manufacturers, I can say that panny´s 14-42 is OK.. stop it down to F8 and you will see it´s tack-sharp across the frame. I´ve sold mine because of 14-140mm but f8 was magical number on this lens :)