Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Suggestions for a stationery camera at a music venue
  • I've been asked to rig up a stationary camera for a venue as an output to some TV's via HDMI. On the odd occasion, they might record a few of the events (eg music etc) at 1080 (no 4k for now!) as they just want something they can edit quickly for social media. They saw my setup with a Panasonic GH5 and my 12-35mm f2.8 and wanted a similar quality (but cheaper).

I'm thinking I'll just set up a GH4 which is above the bar that they reconnect every time they have an event. Each event usually lasts about 8-9 hours. They want it to be as easy to plug and play as possible. Their budget is about $1250/£1,000.

I wondered if anyone has done something similar? Will there be any heat issues being kept on for 8 hours? Thankfully, they'll probably only record 2-3 hours of 1080 which shouldn't cause any space issues on the SD cards. Also since a GH4 has a micro HDMI connector, will there be any issues it failing after a while?

Any other suggestions welcome!

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • If it's a locked off cam, with need for remote HDMI viewing, look at: Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

Quite inexpensive, plus allows remote wired control.

Plus a wide Panasonic lens.