Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 stable AVCHD settings for PAL cameras
  • Hi everybody! As most of the great patches and settings for GH2 work great on NTSC cameras but not at all on PAL ones, I am opening this topic. Thanks in advance for posting stable patches for GH2, but only for PAL cameras please!

I attached one setting which works great and very stable in 25p and 24p 1080 modes, spans until apertures f/3.5 always, if f/4.0 or darker- needs bit of luck, also with very fast SD cards. Firmware 1.0 and Ptool 3.63

setPAL.txt
    269B
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • balazer's "Cake 1.2" works in PAL & NTSC he says. There are also "Sanity" & "Quantum 100v3" they should work too.

Of course with >>>> FIRMWARE 1.1 and Ptool v3.64d<<<< (you mentioned 1.0 & 3.63 but there is no 25p available)

• @mikidora

Thanks. I will try all of those patches with 1.1 and 3.64.

works in PAL & NTSC he says<<<

Native PAL bodies seem to react on the -for NTSC bodies successful patches- quite different. Don't understand why, Vitaliy would probably know the answer. 25p is of course always available on GH2 PAL bodies.

• All driftwood patches work on my pal gh2.

• @driftwood @mozes @mikidora

Thanks so much guys! I'll test the settings and post the results here.

• @driftwood

Thank you so much, your Quantum x v2 works absolutely perfectly in my GH2 PAL body. After all, I really belive my cat walked over the keyboard in the short moment I left my PC and added something to the settings....

Your patches are by the way really amazing, thank you so much for sharing your work!