Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
US: Huge Plunge In Petroleum and Gasoline Usage
  • In the times of absolutely truthful (tm) and only slightly adjusted (r) unemployment reports, it is good to see on something real.

Via: http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/02/huge-plunge-in-petroleum-and-gasoline.html

improve.jpg
    800 x 578 - 113K
    improve1.jpg
    723 x 629 - 125K
    improve2.jpg
    800 x 582 - 136K
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • Ah don't worry once we go to war with Iran our gunners and tanks will help push the numbers back up!

• Gunners = hummers...damn autocorrect

• That'll never happen. This country is tired of war.

• The US people may very well be tired of war. In the end they are the ones paying for it with their wallets and some with their lives too.

But that is not the case with US political and economical elite. They shall never be tired of it. It is their business and a good one too. Having war going on somewhere at all times is a must. Thats the way the US economy has been built nowadays. War is highly profitable for certain parties. Military-industrial sector not being the least.

A former US presindent makes his money (through his businesses) with war and the business on the side like troops maintenance, supply and logistics. So is it any wonder he never wanted the war to end? Would it be all to weird if he rather wanted it to start?

Not to mention the fact that know US oil reserves are running out at alarming pace. Alaskan oil is quickly depleting and US needs far more oil that it can sustainably produce itself. Thus the dependency of foreing oil - middle eastern to be exact.

So it is much cheaper to just go and take it than buying it rigth? Howver the gulf countries are not likely to give it out without a fight so a fight it must be? And if there isnt a conflict on the horizon - invent one will work?

By no means I am saying that US is all evil. No way. But the people running the BIG things behind the curtains sure have a weird concept of morality. And not to say that gulf countries are all angels. Absolutely not. Drop in some religious fanatism on either side (christian, muslim, jewish you name it) and there you have it.

But the global political/economical elite has gone bezerk in its lust and love for money thats for sure.

• "Thou shalt not kill". Murder. The fifth commandment. But when you think about it, religion has never really had a big problem with murder. More people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason. All you have to do is look at Northern Ireland, Kashmir, the Inquisition, the Crusades, and the World Trade Center to see how seriously the religious folks take thou shalt not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable, negotiable. It depends on who's doin the killin' and who's gettin' killed.

So, with all of this in mind, I give you my revised list of the two commandments: "Thou shalt always be honest and faithful to the provider of thy nookie", and "thou shalt try real hard not to kill anyone, unless of course they pray to a different invisible man than the one you pray to".

• That is well put Vitaliy.

I dont know if I have got it right but to me it seems Buddhism is the only bigger religion that could be considered peacefull. Perhaps someone can brake my opinion(illusion) on them too :)

At least christianity is merely a tool desingned to help people in power with the control of the masses. It was built ground up from pagan and other religions (mostly ancient egyptian belives). I guess same goes more or less with the most of the other religions too.

• I'd like to think that most people in the world are rational sane people, but it's a shame that the ones usually running things are the zealots.

• @Jasketti

It is not me, as you see italic. (c) George Carlin