Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Delkin 128GB VPG-130 CFast 2.0 Cards

Delkin Devices, a manufacturer of flash storage solutions and camera accessories, announced today a brand new Video Performance Guarantee 130 (VPG-130) version of their 128GB CFast 2.0 memory card. Delivering unrivaled performance at speeds suitable for professional photographers and videographers, the card is specifically designed for flawless cinema-quality video recording and to meet the extensive demands of today's broadcast, cinema and photography industries.

Boasting incomparable recording speeds up to 495MB/s, with a minimum sustained write speed of 130MB/s, Delkin's 128GB VPG-130 CFast 2.0 memory card is capable of capturing smooth DCI 4K & Full HD video at high frame rates, as well as 170 full-sized RAW images and unlimited JPEGs at 16 fps in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II. Each CFast card has undergone an extensive series of tests to ensure full functionality and performance in today's high-end cinematic hosts, including ones from Canon®, Blackmagic® and Atomos® (Not compatible with ARRI at this time).

Designed with dual memory card slots, the Canon 1D X Mark II supports (1) CFast 2.0 & (1) CompactFlash memory card, ensuring sufficient space and continuous shooting, especially during special events like weddings, sporting events and concerts. Using two cards at the same time also removes time wasted when swapping cards, causing you to possibly miss out on any precious split-second moments. As it's capable of recording DCI 4K video (4096 x 2160p) at 60fps with a max bitrate of 800Mbps, the 1D X Mark II's utilization of high-speed, high-capacity CFast 2.0 cards enables shooters to capture the most in the moment without corruption or dropped frames.

Though not as fast as CFast 2.0, Delkin's PRIME 1050X VPG-65 CompactFlash memory cards have also been tested to work in the 1D X Mark II, providing write speeds up to 120MB/s for reliable photo and video capture. Each memory card is backed by a Lifetime Warranty and Delkin's American-based customer support team out of San Diego, CA.

Delkin 128GB VPG-130 CFast 2.0 memory cards are now available for purchase through authorized camera stores worldwide. For more information on Delkin CFast 2.0, CompactFlash or other memory products, please visit www.delkindevices.com.

sa7306.jpg
    444 x 410 - 43K
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Looks like pricing is around $200 for the 128GB. Not bad.

• @eatstoomuchjam

NVMe 512GB SSDs are $70-75.

In all capacity write speed will be >300Mb/sec, usually >480Gb.sec

Assume we will run them in SLC cache only mode (170Gb capacity) we will have around 1.5Gb/sec

Still impressive?

Especially that ONLY specific thing for this card is cheap Chinese PCB and plastic?

• I said "not bad," not "impressive," and I'm comparing it with the prices of other CFast 2.0 cards, not with NVMe storage. Until I can shove the NVMe cards into the CFast slots in my camera and record, like everybody else, I just need to pay some extra money for a small number of CFast cards for capture purposes.

It seems like adapters from CFast to SATA exist. That seems like a nice option for when I'm shooting with a rig. When I'm going light, though, I have to deal with what my camera can use natively.

• @eatstoomuchjam

You did not get my point.

Inside $2 plastic casing (sometimes with $1 alu wrap) you still have mass market consumer NVMe SSD.
    For top cards it will work in MLC or even SLC (rare) mode, for all else same TLC.

Back in the day companies at least could provide reasons like custom controllers and such, now it is no more.

In BMPCC 4K topic I provided link to Chinese USB 3.0 MLC flash drive (they have 128 and 256gb) with MINIMUM writing speed of 300Mb/sec, it costs ala $42-47. It is just full blown custom SATA SSD made on MLC memory and with good USB-SATA bridge.

Thing that I mean - it is time for custom dedicated card manufacturers to free the field. As they no longer differ from cheap Chinese SSD producers.