Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Help Please: How to import mts (gh1/2 hacked 25p native) into FCP
  • Hi

I am using Vegas so no problem here, but my buddy uses FCP and says he cannot import his files without re-coding. Is it possible to remux them into a container that FCP would "swallow" so there would be no need for recompression ? ;)

Sorry for the rookie question but i could not find an answer in the search... so please be gentle guys!

Thanx in advance

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Read the FAQs.

• I use Aunsoft Video Converter to convert to ProRes. Works a treat.

• For FC.7, download the AVCCAM QT component from PANASONIC:

https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/download.htm#avccamip

Native editing. No conversion needed.

• in FCP you have to go for ProRes anyhow. Remux means you still have your H264 codec which is for distribution but not for editing (even if it seems to work sometimes). FCP X pretends to work with your files natively but in truth it does converting in the background. I have no idea whether it's possible to handle mts with FCP 7 but for both, FCP X and FCP 7 I can highly recommend to use 5dtoRGB to transcode to ProRes 422. There's already a thread for this topic.