Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic Lumix UK division found new way for money waste!
  • Join Lumix ambassadors at some of Britain’s most spectacular locations to highlight the advanced capabilities of the G9 and the GH5

Panasonic Lumix is proud to announce a brand new 12 month partnership with the National Trust.

Newly appointed National Trust Lumix ambassadors will go behind the scenes at special places looked after by the conservation charity to capture unique images and videos.

The six ambassadors, who work for the National Trust and have a particular flair for either photography or video, have been chosen as part of this special new partnership. Each will be using either a Lumix GH5 or G9 and sharing their stunning results - along with their top photography hints and tips - across Lumix UK’s and National Trust’s social media channels.

Rob Coleman works as the Education Officer for the Trust at Sheringham Park in Norfolk which encompasses coast, woods and parkland. Much of Rob’s work is about engaging people with the fantastic wildlife that is found at Sheringham. He says, “I really enjoy photographing insects - macro photography which enables you to see tiny creatures in close up , gives you a completely different perspective on the natural world and everyday animals like spiders and woodlice can look amazing in close-up!”

National Trust Ranger Chris Johnson works at Allen Banks and Staward Gorge in Northumberland, and finds that his Lumix is the perfect tool for highlighting the important conservation work undertaken at the site. “The most important thing for me about camera is size. I need to carry all my kit for work so it’s important not to add more weight than necessary. I also don’t have the luxury of being able to dedicate lots of time to filming so I need to be able to pick it up and get shooting.”

Harriet Davies works as a Ranger on the Roseland in South Cornwall and describes her favourite things to photograph as “wildlife and the changing coastal landscapes where I work.” You can look out for other ambassadors across the country, including Sherringham Park in Norfolk, Croome in Worcester, Allen Banks and Staward George in Northumberland, Trelissick and Rosalind in Cornwall and Saddlescombe Farm and Devils Dyke in West Sussex.

The public will also be able to get involved, borrowing cameras, lenses and accessories as part of the National Trust Roadshow which will tour a number of properties this spring. During the roadshow visitors can enjoy all the benefits of using a Lumix G system, as well as take part in photo walks and special events.

Barney Sykes, Head of Imaging at Panasonic UK said “Partnering with the National Trust is the perfect way to demonstrate the superb nature and wildlife capabilities of our latest models, particularly the super high-speed G9 which can capture full-resolution images at 20 frames per second, and the GH5 which can record 4K video at 60fps. We’re delighted to have been able to partner with the National Trust once again, and continue our roadshows which have been hugely popular over the last few years”.

Daniel Dodd, National Trust Content and Partnerships Director, said: “We hope the ambassadors can give the public a fascinating insight into an often unseen world. From tiny creatures that scurry away when people go near, to meticulous conservation work which carefully takes place behind closed doors, this project will shed light on what happens at National Trust places.”

Further details about the partnership will be revealed over the next year.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Panasonic UK is specially known for very strange marketing approaches.