Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Filmpower Nebula FF for gimbals

Nebula Focus special designed for gyro stabilizer and individual shooter. Its receiver and motor are built 2 in 1 making it more compact for setup, also it provides two ways for setup: you can directly connect it with the hot shoe or you can use a traditional slide. Beside the wireless design, silent motor and a long battery life, the Nebula Focus supports ultrasonic distance measurement with an instant display on the Thumb remote controller, the most impressive thing is that this function may get updated to achieve Auto Focus in the future.

PV deal

• Follow focus original price - $650
    • Flash deal price - $499
    • Available and shipping now

Shipping: Price includes shipping for US/Canada/UK/Australia&NZ/Western Europe. Contact for any other regions.
    I want to preorder this FF.

s110.jpg
    800 x 527 - 37K
  • 21 Replies sorted by
  • This device uses sonar to measure distance and displays it on the remote?

Like the PanaTape (Panavision only) and Cinetape? https://cinemaelec.com/products/cinetape_measure/

OK, I finally found it on their website: http://filmpower.us/products/nebula-forcus-special-designed-for-gyro-stabilizer-and-individual-shooter

Price: $650

Sounds like a sonar measuring distance device with a future possibility of a motor focusing the lens. Cinematography Electronics and Red Rock Micro had a product to do this. With each new generation of these devices, they are getting smaller and less complicated to set-up.

This idea/design concept looks promising in its compact design.

• @CFreak

Yep.

We'll have better terms, update very soon.

• Vk, How does this exactly know where the actor is at, or how far it is from lens? this is very exciting to me, to be able to auto focus, esp anamorphic setup would be amazing ... Is this like the product that was selling for thousands,where the actor was wearing a tracking device ?

• @sammy

No. It has ultrasonic distance sensor and show the distance on remote, and you do all adjustments yourself.

• oh ok, so what about this 'the most impressive thing is that this function may get updated to achieve Auto Focus in the future" , how is that gonna work?

• @sammy

Always beware "may be" parts :-)

If you ask me - none of ultrasonic based automated FF ever took off. It is due how measurement work.

• Oh k, so the only possible auto follow focus system available now is the one with tracking devices on actors?

• @sammy

If movement is not complex and you have few takes Canon Dual AF can work. Even face tracking on latest cameras can be used.

All serious still usually use markings, planning, points and eyes.

• If its Ultrasonic it will make klicking noises and have a limited range and/or accuracy.

I'm working on the third version of my wireless follow focus system and did think of inkluding a distance tracker myselfe, but the only usable method are Lidar (Radar) systems and they are quite expensive ($300+).

@sammy do you have a link to those systems with tracking devices the actor is wearing? - Sounds very interesting (and is the best solution if you want to do automated focusing).

• If its Ultrasonic it will make klicking noises and have a limited range and/or accuracy.

It'll clearly have limited range and accuracy, but good emitter does not make any clicking noises.

but the only usable method are Lidar (Radar) systems and they are quite expensive ($300+).

for DIY like market only usable methods are TOF sensors and 3D cameras ala XBOX one.

do you have a link to those systems with tracking devices the actor is wearing? - Sounds very interesting (and is the best solution if you want to do automated focusing).

We had it somewhere on PV also. All of such systems are very expensive and made for pro market.

• More info

s98.jpg
    800 x 420 - 73K
    s99.jpg
    800 x 487 - 73K
    s100.jpg
    800 x 468 - 61K
    s101.jpg
    800 x 425 - 56K

s102.jpg
    800 x 576 - 62K
    s103.jpg
    800 x 430 - 46K
    s104.jpg
    800 x 452 - 77K
    s105.jpg
    800 x 398 - 50K

s106.jpg
    800 x 455 - 56K
    s107.jpg
    800 x 451 - 58K
    s108.jpg
    800 x 446 - 52K
    s109.jpg
    800 x 774 - 68K
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev - I'm looking forward to purchasing one of these on Personal-View deals when available!

• @majoraxis

We hope to make video first at BIRTV.

• BIRTV interview about FF

• PV preorder deal

• Follow focus price - $599
    • Shipping - from September 25th

Shipping: Price includes shipping for US/Canada/UK/Australia&NZ/Western Europe. Contact for any other regions.
    I want to preorder this FF.

• Flash deal! Check first post in topic.