Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
cheap, good camcorder for live stuff?
  • Do you know of such a thing? I mean, a product which replaces old (but good) DV gear in terms of reliable connectivity and output. Doesn't need to have good sound. It's always a bitch having the good gear available for "easy" jobs, so a cheapish camcorder might be an OK expenditure.

I was thinking about a hx9v for such a job (it could be useful in other circumstances too), but then again, hdmi connectors are not very reliable - especially not on a compact.
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • Cheers! I'll have a look if it's on sale in my country. :)
  • If you can find used Canon HFS100, it is a great camcorder, great image quality.
  • One of my favorite video bloggers has been recently pushing Point N Shoots for video. The Canon A1200 shoots only 720p but it does 24p and over 20mbs codec and costs just $100.

She recently bought a Canon SX230 and it does 1080p at 24p and has a 36mbs codec. I bought my parents a A1200 and it shoots some pretty decent 720p. These PnS are doing better and better video.

She shot this video on a Canon SX200:
  • Thanks for all the input, keep it coming! :)
  • here is a test video i made with Canon HFS 100 (i sold it long time ago, sometimes missing it ...)