Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Modula MKII
  • I would like to introduce our very new 2/3 inch global shutter cmos mini HD camera.

Technical details:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    - 2/3 inch global shutter CMOS sensor
    - HD SDI output
    - full HD and 2K resolution
    - 10bit 4:2:2
    - 12bit 4:4:4 or RAW
    - 23p 24p 25p 29p 30p 50p 60p
    - 50i 60i
    - synchronizable via second cam for stereo recording
    - C-mount
    - PL-mount & B4 mount via adapter
    - 29 x 29 x 50mm
    - weight 83g (without lens)

• 14 Replies sorted by
  • price?
    more impressive footage?
  • Price? Not shure, but I think that one system (camerabody + CCU box) 5900 € (without discount).

I´m a technician, for additional price questions contact our sale support:

http://www.easylooksystem.com
  • specs looks good.. 4/3 senzor and mft mount would be way better, almost everything i need is 2k raw with 50p & 25p... sorry but the video and price are ugly
  • Video looks GREAT! Not sure how thrilled I'd be with 2/3. Even RED dropped 21/3 as an option. Can you explain how you achieve a global shutter with a CMOS? RED doesn't have it yet on a camera 10x the cost. Do you use a mechanical shutter? Just curious. i know CCDs don't have the rolling shutter issues. Thanks and best off luck with your new camera!
  • Achieving global shutter at 2/3rds is easy, as they've made global shutter CMOS, but only in 2/3rds (so far). So these are the first ones, really. Plus making a global one runs the risk of losing things like dynamic range, which is the reason it isn't standard yet.
  • @disneytoy

2/3 is still a great format... not to mention it's very useful for VFX and slo-motion shots... which this camera looks like it's capable of.
  • I don't know about your camera, but the video sure made me hungry.

• First thing, best "guy heroically pushing stroller" music, evar!

Is it me, or does the motion artifact look a little dated? Something about it seems HDV-ish. Could it be vimeo codec. I wish you well on your endeavor, but like many stated, I'd need to see more...
  • Is there added sharpness to that footage? The outlines of objects look a bit wierd sometimes.. (downloaded the full resolution video)
  • @Angry_C
    What is Modula Camera doing the old model for now? I would be interested in getting a few if they are clearance!

:-D
  • @RRRR:

Yes, I added unsharp mask to the footage. Maybe too much:-)

@alcomposer:

Please contact our support at info@easylooksystem.de
    I think, it´s possible to get an old modula, because lots of customer will change their setup to the new one.
  • @angry_c a bit too much IMO.. :) I'd really like to see some footage straight out of the camera!
  • This is footage straight out of the camera, but with in-camera-sharpening:
    Recorded with Convergent Desing Nanoflash 280mbit/s MXF, compressed for Vimeo: