Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ebay question
  • Since so much ebay activity goes on here, maybe someone can offer advice on this:
    I sold a nice IDX battery system. Buy has decent feedback, 185 transaction. But shipping address on ebay is Israel, but he's asking shipping rates for Russia. Is this any sort of red flag? Thought I'd ask.
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • It is very simple.
    Never ever send enything to address other than ebay one.
    Never.
  • You meant buyer's paypal shipping address?
  • Vitaliy could u explain why not plz? i dont really understand it, especially if the guy already payed!? there can be many normal situations why its different. if its a director or operator - it can be a project outside his home country..... my self i am very new to pp , i never sold anything, but bought a few items over the last year or 2....
  • Yes, it could be legit is some situations.

But if you send to another address and something happened you'll sure never see any compensation.
    It can be just lost parcel even.
  • hm i actually thought its all covered by insurance...... plus having tracking number .... , but may be it make sense as i told i never sold my self anything , just buying really!
  • @tolik

I suggest you to try to get this "insurance" :-)
  • Yeah always use the Paypal address but if its unconfimed (and I do beleive isreal/russia isnt) you dont usually get seller protection.
    Saying that Ive sent to a couple of unconfimed addresses with no problems.
    Another important note...Ebay treat buyers above sellers...so if a dodgy buyer says they received a box of bricks you may lose out the item and money...Happened to a mate of mine. I try to avoid selling on Ebay a lot more since.

if you have seller protection you are usually covered under the rules (package safetly,communicate with buyer,send using tracking)

• ok , i am already scared!