Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Zoom H1 - Juicedlink CX231 - NTG2
  • So I'm thinking about this setup since I've come across the JL preamp as a bargain. Yet I'm quite a beginner as it comes to sound.

The Juicedlink doesn't have headphones input. However, the Zoom H1 does. Can I monitor the sound via the Zoom then? And in which way will this be a reliable headphone output volume? Do I need special cables? Or ways to set the Juicedlink pre-amp?

Help will be appreciated

Matt

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Why you can't monitor on H1? You can. Headphone volume depend on headphones also.

• You can monitor through VU and headphones on Zoom H1.

• @Vitaliy Kiselev Also with a pre-amp inbetween? How about headphones without volume control? The Juicedlink model doesn't have a volume indicator, so how would I be able to hear I'm on a sufficient volume?

@Cid What do you mean with VU? If you mean Volume indicator, this pre-amp model doesn't have one.

thanks for quick response by the way.

• Kiselev Also with a pre-amp inbetween?

Yes, of course. You need to monitor final result. About levels - you'll need to look at H1 screen for level indicator.

• Great, I'll try soon enough and will show it goes.

• Just get the Tascam DR-60D, they're going ridiculously cheap, especially if you dig around second hand a little.