Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Using acoustic control panels to improve your listening workspace.
  • Recently we've done a fair few voice overs. Its easier if you have your NLE and voice together in the same room as you iterate over the work.

We generally use Logic Pro X and a Rode NT1A/Audient iD22 for voice. We use FCPx to show the sequence so that the voice can synchronise. We been using a booth cobbled together from two foldable acoustic panels and a SE Reflection Filter X to cut down on the room reflections.

The more I've worked at my desk the more aware I've really become of the limitations of the sound quality. I'd recently read an article about sound absorbers.

RPG Europe's Absorbor come out tops, so I ordered seven panels to give us more options, four for the ceiling and three for the walls.

In essence they've made a great difference, and working with sound is even more of a pleasure.

More here: http://wbavproductions.co.uk/resources/absorbor.html

IMG_9749.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 189K
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • Actually it requires different materials and measures.

• another idea, for recording , also portable.... Variations on the Portabooth...

http://voiceoveressentials.com/content/portaboothArticle.htm

portaboothFullFront.jpg
    600 x 450 - 39K
  • @Jleo Thats helpful! My next project is to shutdown the noise from my RAID arrays. I'll probably use some similar materials along with some stuff called DedSheete.

• You can go long ways with a good dynamic mic with good front projection, like the sure sm7b , but to get the best sound you always need to treat your room , mainly base traps in corners and high frequency damping panels at reflection points

• You can always try and record inside of your closet filled with clothes also works if your on a budget or if you're not that DIY-handy. With some basic knowledge about audio mixing, you can achieve a pretty well sounding voice-over or any other vocal recording.