Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
lomo anamorphic lenses on sony F3 or F55?
  • Hi guys. Im making a short film and I can rent lomo anamorphic lenses quite cheap from my friends.

Which camera is better to work with this lenses? F3 is cheap at rentals, F55 is not but some people say that F55 got something like anamorphic mode and F3 not.

It's all about the squeeze, yes? I dont know much about this...

I found nice anamorphic video with lomo anamorphic lens and F3:

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I thought that was shot using iscorama 36 ,I seen that video long time ago ..I have the 36 while it ranges in prices 2700-3500$,harder to find them lower the 3000$ but if your not in hurry they pop up once in while for under. it's a great sharp lens with one focus mechanism ,you only focus the Isco while the taking lens is on infinity ..

• As I'm getting more and more into anamorphic ,I totally see why 2x can be used more ,but the issue with cheaper 2x is you need something like anamorphic mode in camera (or you gonna have to do 3.55 ratio on all things shot with it ) and they don't have single focus ..are lomos single focus ,2x?

• F3 isn't just a cheap rental... you can outright BUY it for around two thousand dollars or even less.