Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How to adjust exposure while recording?
  • Pretty simple question;

Is there any good way of adjusting for variable light conditions while keeping aperture, ISO and shutter angle locked?

Vari ND's with gears? Is it ever done in cinema, and if so, how?

I found this: http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/corporate/news/articleffnr_0727.html very cool and usable looking vari nd from fujinon, but it looks like its for smaller sensors than m43

So, any suggestions? Or do I have to just face the facts and start playing around with auto shutter/aperture?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • What kind of adjustment range do you need? One option is to compensate in post on a raw or log recording.

• Im thinking for stuff like going from inside to outside and similar fairly extreme changes. 5+ stops. Just seems weird there is no finished solution for this. So all eng/docu video is basically doing variable shutter speed for this? (exept maybe people with the Fujinon ND-P01)

• I know that in some cases they remotely control the aperture.