Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
EU considering massive cuts to food aid for poor
  • The European Union is considering a roughly 75 percent cut in funding for a program that helps feed 18 million of its poorest citizens.

The cuts, set to take effect after New Year's, would come at a time of rising unemployment and consumer food prices in many parts of Europe, as well as overall economic turmoil on the continent. The looming cuts already have raised fears among people who rely heavily on the program.

Via: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/14/ap/europe/main20120485.shtml

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. (c)
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Maybe ol' Bob Geldof can slap on another Band-Aid, change the logo to Europe, and put on a concert with all his friends. They could do it in Beijing and Rio simultaneously.
  • Wow, just wow. I wish I could slap each of these politicians and get them to grow some brains.
  • I heard the Great Recession already killed more people in hunger than casualties from the wars since this millenium. Maybe that is how the feckers tame the price of food from going skyrocketting.
  • This is terrible.