Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Do you really need education?

General humanities specialities are less and less required.

You will see fierce competition in wedding shooting market soon :-)
    19gradsGraphic.jpg
    450 x 540 - 59K
  • 14 Replies sorted by
  • So, what is a conclusion ? This is like an evolution ? Species that are specialized are in a worse position, in the event of changes in the low-pressure areas that have broader horizons? All the time we have to learn, learn and learn alone ;).
  • This is not specialization changes.
    This is problems on job market.
    In all countries inexpirienced workers with education are in bad position, jobless rate changes from 20% as in this case to 50-70% in some Europian countries.
    Global competition becomes much more violent.
  • Ok, but is there any solution ? Subsidies for employers to hire people straight after graduation? In other case, when I have got a choice between hire one of two people with the same skills but one of them I know. Do you think what I will choose ?
  • >Subsidies for employers to hire people straight after graduation

No. It just means that if you preserve curren system of global competition this people have little or no chanches.
    They are simply uncompetitive. And countries can no longer make useless firms that play intermediary roles in different sectors.

• Cool vid on education
  • that was freaking good!!!
  • @bitcrusher

This is really good.
    I wish I could use similar techniques in my presentations :-)

But being part of educational system and teaching people I can say that it is very hard to change current system.
    In fact, our own system is going from normal towards US. Paper work increased by 10x, real level decreased significantly :-)
  • This says a lot about our broken education system:

http://208.116.9.205/10/content/26544/39.jpg
  • >This says a lot about our broken education system

We don't have your problems with student loans.
    As far as I remember in our city about 90% of all people who finished school started learning in high education facilities.
    It can be near 100% in this and next year. :-)
    But it do not solve any real problems.
  • bitcrusher...wow.... Thanks for that. That piece is so spot on.
  • The REAL story behind Education and the Job Market:

Until this problem is solved the others won't be.
  • >Until this problem is solved the others won't be

What problem do you mean?

Consumerism and education are just over side of credit bubble and banks.

High education do not make cruicial thinking work, unfortunately.
    Bad education is censequence of work market disproportions.
    In current times you need smart, quite young and knowledgeable man to work as a teacher.
    And in fact, in most countries, you have exactly an opposite.
    In developing countries you also need to be nuts, as you won't have chance to get any apartments and raise children as payment is so low, just to allow you to east something :-)

• >not sure how to embed

It is google video, will be closed soon, so unsupported :-)