Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
G6 Basic Movie Mode & Legacy Lens Questions
  • Movie Mode Question: So I'm setting my REC FORMAT and REC QUALITY on the touchscreen MOTION PICTURE screens. All set, now ... I want to set the ISO and shutter speed. Can I do this and shoot a video in Shutter priority (S)? Or do I have to shoot in Manual or Movie? Can I set the settings as if they were a stills setting and then push the red button and these stills settings will control video also? I'd like to avoid Movie mode so that I can allow the aperature to grab the correct light. I'd also like to avoid Movie mode because I need to snap stills while shooting videos (I know the video interruption danger). What I need to do is to keep the big stills button active so that I can shoot stills while shooting (ending) a video record. And a crazy thought -- can I set video and stills at different settings? ANOTHER way of asking -- When I set up settings for still photos do those same settings become part of the video recording set up?

Legacy Lens Questions: I have three Oly M3/4 auto-focus zooms that I want to use with my G6. I have a Lumix Pany-to-Oly adapter. Do I lose the ability to auto focus (it seems like I do)? If they should zoom and focus correctly what settings on the camera will make this work? THANKS!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Meant Oly-to-Pany adapter. To make my Olympus E-520 lenses fit my Lumix G6. Lenses: 14-42, 40-150, 70-300

• Meant Oly-to-Pany adapter. To make my Olympus E-520 lenses fit my Lumix G6. Lenses: 14-42, 40-150, 70-300

Just search proper category, 43 to m43 cheap adapters exist. AF will work, slow, but it will work.