Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DIY gear
  • Hello i´m starting this thread for those interesting in DIY gear can post some useful advices and their own DIY equipment
    (speccially @bkmcwd :) and his lovelly DIY glidecam)

well here is mine snorricam, really straightforward (i don´t think i should place any instructions :P),
    -2 wood surfaces (one square for the back and a circled one for the front (diameter must be at least a third of the entire lenght of the camera arm, to make a stable triangle))
    -3 velcro strips
    -2 elastic bands (optional)
    -arm from a security camera (this one is the trick, in fact i actually manage to find an arm that can be extended by adding other tubes (look at the second picture, those are two different tubes, so this is a matter of looking in the stores the one most suitable))
    -and screws

video (the weight and design doesn´t bother at all):

pics (as you can tell in the third picture, is really portable; and as you can tell in the first picture, i´m really fat hahahah):
    ponchera.jpg
    2030 x 944 - 924K
    P1020325.JPG
    4752 x 3168 - 6M
    slim design.JPG
    4752 x 3168 - 6M
    P1020326.JPG
    4752 x 3168 - 6M
    P1020330.JPG
    4752 x 3168 - 7M