Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Service for DV tape -----> HDD ??????
  • I've found plenty of services that will convert your old DV and HDV tapes to DVD, but I can't seem to find a service to capture tapes to a hard drive or flash drive.

Thanks.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • but I can't seem to find a service to capture tapes to a hard drive or flash drive.

Are you serious? I am pretty sure that it is not a problem for service or you to transfer DVD files to any destination you like :-)

• Connect a dv-cam to a fire-wire port, use (for example) quick time pro to record at highest quality. You're done. That's what I do for my clients who want tapes on files. A mac book pro does it very well.

• Yeah - rather than hiring a service to convert your DV tapes to hard drive files, it'd most likely be cheaper to just buy a used DV camera on craigslist or similar and dump them yourself, assuming you still have a computer with a firewire port. If you don't, USB3-firewire adapters are not too expensive either.