Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Good film to watch -Children of men

• When I saw this a few years back...was speechless & impressed and felt its a modern classic...still do.
    Worth seeing for the clever use of FX and long takes (one near the end of the film is stunning)
    Very convincing and bleak depiction of what "could" happen in UK and the world if people suddenly stopped being able to have children and the absurdity of the human condition.
    Swap children for the economy and could still be!
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • I had to think of this movie when watching the acting lesson with Michael Caine. Definitely one of my favourite recent movies.
  • I'm glad someone posted this. It is a vastly overlooked and underrated film that went by largely unnoticed . The cinematography is absolutely spectacular and they broke quite a few grounds with the car sequence. Emmanuel Lubezki is one of the best living cinematographers, yet, he hasn't received the cred he deserves up till now. He also photographed (in my opinion) possibly the most heartfelt, best and most beautiful film of the year "Tree of Life". He's a genius:)
  • Yeah Lubezki is a genius! And the car sequence looked so effortless on screen yet was a challenge for the actors and crew! :-)
    Yet to see Tree of life...Like Malicks work...also thought Thin red line was a underrated gem.