Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Glimpse at compacts future - 4K 60p 720p240 Sony Sensor
    • Diagonal 7.82 mm (Type 1/2.3) approx. 20.68M effective pixels (5256H × 3934H)
    • Pixel size: 1.20 µm unit pixel
    • Supports 20.68M-pixel imaging at 22 frame/s
    • Back-illuminated CMOS image sensor featuring high sensitivity, high dynamic range and low noise
    • Provides 4K video mode (4096H x 2160V, 60 frame/s)

http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/new_pro/march_2014/imx147lqt_e.html#Photo1

nikon_v44.jpg
    730 x 574 - 119K
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Bring it on Sony !

• It's a shame that Type 1 and Type 2 look like two different sensors. I was hoping they were two different operating modes.

Type 1 seems targeted at photography while type 2 is clearly targeted at video.

Type 1 will definitely end up in the next compact camera generation but I haven't figured out what are the real target devices for type 2... compact video cameras? (most likely), cell phones (not enough MP for photo bragging)?

• Not so...same sensor. they're just windowing it.

At the same time, Type 1/3.2 cropping functions support 4K video format. The IMX147LQT is able to use both Type 1/2.3 and Type 1/3.2 image view angles as the situation demands.

• Thanks @kurth. I didn't catch that from the OP. Should have followed the link, but I mistook it for the attachment. Very interesting indeed, but apparently targeted at compact cameras not cell phones.