Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Final Cut Pro X playback looks distorted after hack? Solved
  • Hi,

I'm having some issues after testing different setting's on 1080p/720p with the GH2 Cam.
    In Vlc it looks ok, but when imported in Final cut pro x, the image is distorted/blurry it's worse with 720p.
    Tried to load the default firmware, but no difference.
    If i import some footage from a none hacked GH2 from a friend it looks ok!

Do other people use Final Cut and have the same result after they hacked/changed the firmware?

Regards
    RW

edit;typo
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • A lot of the hacks have high bitrate clips that are beyond the current limits that some NLEs can cope with. Its best to try and transcode these first into something like ProresHQ. Depending on what setting you may have to use pulldown and inverse telecine.
  • Thnx for the reply, going to do some test's

RW
  • At least Premier and Edius looks good.
    Good luck
  • what if you have FCPX set to optimise the media, does this fix your problem?
  • Thnx but it does not help
    See attached image and look at the white window linings.
    going to see how it looks on Premiere

RW
    Screen shot 2011-09-17 at 10.57.14 PM.png
    1680 x 1050 - 2M
  • Ok. figured it out.
    See playback image. Same solution as Premiere

RW

edit problem was, i reinstalled my mac
    Screen shot 2011-09-17 at 11.20.42 PM.png
    680 x 464 - 110K
  • So what settings did you have when it looked wrong? Proxy media? Good to hear it works fine with hacked footage though!
  • The option "use original or optimized media" > auto set to "better performance".

RW