Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Italy: Why things won't recover
  • italy.jpg
    570 x 408 - 45K
    italy1.jpg
    644 x 457 - 64K
    italy2.jpg
    800 x 488 - 74K
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • Interesting times ahead.

• Winter is coming

• Winter is coming

Main problem that not in Italy only.

• Thankfully we'll have these new 4K cameras to capture the agony with the most immaculate detail.

• Thankfully we'll have these new 4K cameras to capture the agony with the most immaculate detail.

Just remember to stock enough solar panels, batteries, weapon and ammunition :-)

• If only I didn't live here it would be interesting to see a 4k documentary about this decadence...

• @Riker "Thankfully we'll have these new 4K cameras to capture the agony with the most immaculate detail." - This sentence answers everything.. The only industry whats not regulated by the retarded Governments are the electronics everything else is dictated by bureaucrats. We have no shortages of inventions and price dropping in electronics. In all government regulated industries like housing, healthcare, banking, food, energy the world has constant shortages. "Everything government touches turns to crap." -Ringo Starr

• In all government regulated industries like housing, healthcare, banking, food, energy the world has constant shortages. "Everything government touches turns to crap." -Ringo Starr

LOL. We live in the most unregulated period. All this things are now mostly bone by corporations owned by banks. Most governments are owned by same people, so they do not touch anything belonging to their owners,

• Think about that sentence before you argue for greater regulation. Govt is a large monopolistic corporation that has the the right to kill (police and army) and rob (taxes).

• Govt is a large monopolistic corporation that has the the right to kill (police and army) and rob (taxes).

I have different opinion about it. Government is necessary thing made by society. If capitalism and banksters made it useful only to rob and kill (btw, it is not so in most countries were owners are located), they must be made responsible.

Otherwise we went quite offtopic here as this post is not about government or such. It is how fundamental things lie below piles of crap you see and hear in media.

• Among other reasons about Italy decadence, this is the most overlooked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_illiteracy

• @trafficarte

LOL, not it is not so important. As I said, fundamental reasons play main role. Idea to fix it blaming governments or such things won't help.

• I think media bombardment and functional illiteracy played a role, after all Italy is a democracy and voters allegedly choose their leaders...and with that being said, ever since mr. Silvio got ahold of his media empire he served Italy with steady diet of pointless daily shows, velinas and football.

I'm not saying that's the sole reason for his long term governing, but we all know how big of an impact the media has on regular voter.

Of course, the fact that we live in a world where we need constant consumption to grow is a joke of itself.

There was a headline few days ago about some rift between US Army and their contractors since the Army was claiming they don't need new tank production anymore...contractors had different opinion...of course you need new tanks...LOL

It's a ridiculous world led by grown kids. I live pretty close to Italy so I can atest to their situation, they call the new generation "generazione mille euro" since the new kids now are thankful to find a job that pays 1000€ which may be ok in the shithole I'm living in, but in Italy that's close to nothing, they had another standards for decades but now the situation has drastically changed.

I know a family that owns a house in northeast Italy, and we talked about these subjects. I was stunned when I heard all the taxes and fees they have to pay annually as house-owners, it's a legal racket, no other words to describe it. Something in the lines of 3000€ a year, every year, for your own property.

• And credit don't work now:

test15.jpg
    800 x 425 - 61K
    test16.jpg
    800 x 404 - 52K
  • predictions are for gypsies

• predictions are for gypsies

LOL. And stupid comments are for hamsters.

• Italy will include prostitution and illegal drug sales in the gross domestic product calculation this year.

Bloomberg :-)

New methods to rise GDP.

• So if a lot of people are in bad health and need to take drugs and go to hospitals, that bumps up the GDP. Is that a good thing?

• Lots of repairs of damage from modern civilization are already calculated in GDP all over the world – these are just two more human activities to be included. As long as money is moving around, nobody cares!

How many weapons exported from industrialized countries are paid by drug money which came from the addicts in the same countries, what do you think?

That's why the "war on drugs" will never succeed, it's only propaganda (and a reason to prepare police for other tasks)…

• Fun thing, 29th May UK stated that it'll include pot and hookers in GDP also :-) Heading same way.

• Unemployment in 15 to 24 years group raised to 43,3%

Cool

sigma_32.jpg
    793 x 484 - 49K
    sigma_33.jpg
    654 x 543 - 54K
  • The good news is employment prospects in Italy are outstanding for ambitious young hookers and drug dealers.