Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Is G1 worth keeping? Picked it up cheap with 14-45mm.
  • Hey Guys, just picked up combo of G1 with a 14-45mm cheap on ebay so I could use the lens with the pocket cam. I know nothing about the G1 and I'm planning on just putting it back on ebay, but I thought I would check to see if it is worth keeping for a possible backup or trash cam. I believe there is a hack, but again I know nothing about the camera.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • i liked it as a photo cam very much :) better than the subsequent g's (2+3) but it doesnt do video as far as i remember

• No, no video. I bought one also 2 years ago for the 14-45 lens w/metal mount. I don't use it at all. It's going on ebay soon, I thinkI'll be lucky if I can get $100 USD for it.

• G1 is not bad camera. Slightly dated sensor, but otherwise you can use it without problems.

People are so picky now.

• That was my first cam with interchangeable lenses.. Was very solid and I liked it a lot too.. Then I've got G3 and I missed all controls G1 had. Shame it didnt do video.. That was main reason to get G3. Now I'm selling also my G3 as I have two GH2s and they totally rocks for the price I've bought them :)