Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Experimental Project - Raw 50D
  • First real personal project shot Raw.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • @artiswar, Nice work. What lenses did you use and what was the ISO if you can remember. I get terrible noise when I try to film low light scenes with my 50D. I'm a novice so i'm sure i'm doing something wrong.

• @Aria - Thank you. This was all shot on my Tokina 11-16 and partially on a Rokinon 35mm. The shot of the bird formation was shot from the 5x zoom function.

I haven't had too many issues with noise. It's very much like Red One MX grain and easy to remove with Neat Video. No denoise here though. Much of it was lost in compression. Shot as high as 6400 (using the ML EV control).

• WOW! I'm surprised. It gives me some confidence going forward. I'm still trying to decide what lenses I want to buy and I've been Looking at the Tokina 11-16. I also have a GH1 so I plan to use the lens on both cameras. I haven't really had the confidence to use it on a shoot yet. Mainly due to having to learn how to grade the footage. I plan on practicing and learning as much as I can over the next year.

I'm in a good spot since i'm not really tied to any specific NLE or Color programs. I'm gonna try as many as I can and see what I feel comfortable with. I look forward to more of your work and hope to have my own to show down the line.