Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The official 2014 New Years Resolution Thread!
  • First of all an early Happy New Year! OK, thought I would start a New Years Resolution thread. Just to keep this under control, how about list ONE resolution, WHY you're doing it and HOW. You can also comment on others' resolutions and ask/offer advice on how to keep them - but only if you have listed your own first.

Resolution: Cut down on alcohol consumption.

Why: I'm 43 years old, I have slowed down the drinking in the last few years - I don't have it in me to party like it's 1999 anymore. A few weeks ago a buddy of mine was in town and we went on a gin & tonic rampage. I woke up the next day with a huge gash on my arm and empty beer cans and Mcdonalds wrappers everywhere and no recollection of the previous night. I guess that's better than waking up next to a dead body or a 60 year old hooker but still.

How: I'd be kidding myself to think I could go cold turkey, as that always ends up in a binge. I want to limit my intake to 1-2 glasses of wine or beer a week, and no hard liquor.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • no, waking up next to a 60 year old hooker or dead body would be way better. david lynch would put it in his next film.