Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lens Caps Fascination, New and Vintage
  • One thing that I believe gets looked over but is an integral part of a lens is the lens cap.

For those like me who are using lenses that came with screw on caps or caps that are less than desired, broken, or missing, it's off to the market to look for replacement caps that can be easily taken off and put back on quickly. With this it is either a cheap generic, an original, or something from another brand (new or old) that fits and does the job. I always choose the last option.

I for one have an interest in using old vintage lens caps, first because they are made better and look nicer than the newer ones. Not to say that some new caps made specifically for that new lens isn't great either (example, the Olympus 12-40mm lens cap).

My favorite cap design at that I keep going to are old Nikon caps with the side pinch. I try to buy and use these as I find them and they are great.

Anyone with this interest and have nice caps to show?

P1000502.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    P1000503.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 913K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • You sir have made it to the next level :) Congrats!