Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How to record (and monitor) any internal sound on a mac easy and free?
  • Recently I desperately - oohh c'won exaggeration, buhhhh, hung him - needed to record something coming from the web browser, I normally use other more stupid (time consuming) ways. This one I thought was worth sharing

4 simple steps

1 - Download Soundflower

2 - Install. Restart. Go to system preferences/sound/ and select sound flower both from input and output
    alternatively and much faster you can just press the volume icon in the menu bar while pressing Alt.

3 - In your sound flower applications folder launch Soundflowerbed, in the icon in system menu bar select Soundflower (2ch) output;
    you can further tweak settings below, but it is really up to you

4 - Launch Quicktime X, then File/New Audio Recording and from little triangle at right select sound flower input and quality.
    Orrrr you can use instead Quicktime pro version, as will allow you to record uncompressed happy audio unicorn files, yeahhh

Extra tit, I mean tip for monitoring or realtime line input
    This is the simplest and free also: RogueAmoeba's Line In

And because I really don't want you to remain with unhealthy curiosity, this is the thing I wanted to record :P

it reminded me of a japanese Maria Peszek

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks! Nice song:) I'll check those out. I used Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack in the past, but I found that Downloadhelper picks up most embedded video and audio files in Firefox, if not, then I use an audio ripper...

http://www.download366.com/video-downloadhelper

• hey @jleo!!!
    Thanks for the tip, I have already a myriad download helpers in my web browsers. This is intended not only to rip web audio content. Sometimes for sound I need something proper; like Hear for taking control of output or what used to be wiretap pro (the very old nice compact version) - at the time nicer than hijack pro. Imagine you playing several audio loops at same time and want to record the sound of the mix, voilà that something you'll find this useful for :—]{fl)