Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 strange behavior with 1080p 25fps
  • Hi All, I'm filming a music video this week-end, however I stumbled upon a veeeery strange behavior. Let me explain : I always shooted in HBR Pal mode (1080 25p wrapped into a 50i container). Usually I had to interpret my footage into adobe premiere in order to make them look right. (Premiere sees interlaced, I switch to progressive). Then all the mud disappear, and I got a clean image. (that's just a deep resolution gain, nothing to do with typical interlaced stripes artefacts)

However this time I have used my 45mm olympus and actually all footage filmed with this lens get WORSER when doing the interlaced to progressive switch. I got those horrible stripes typical from interlaced footage showing up ! (that's the reverse result as expected...) I don't understand, this is a unique behavior with that Oly lens...

Moreover, and unrelated from the previous problem, I got a serious aliasing issues with a pana 7-14 (NR set to -2). That's look digital, and straight lines and pattern looks a bit ugly... I had this with my 14-140 before but not as severe.

Any tips for getting a better image ?

Thanks guys.