Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Gh3 doubled frames at 1080p60 Quicktime
  • When I play back a clip recorded with Quicktime 1080P60 setting every frame is doubled. Only 30 frames are effectively recorded. I tried a number of different apps to play it back, even Panasonics own Photofunstudio, PC as well as Mac Quicktime player, no matter what it seems 60 frames don't exist in the recording, every frame is doubled up. What could be wrong? Has anybody tried to slomo a 108P60 clip and is it actually working?

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Yes, in after effects.

• did you happen to shoot at 1/30th shutter? any reason why are you playing back in media players looking for 60p instead of conforming in an NLE? i have no issues.

• same. no issues as long as project settings reflect 50/60p.

• might not be what you're experiencing but just in case: provideocoalition.com/atepper/story/how-to-make-the-lumix-gh3-camera-deliver-proper-recordable-1080p-over-

• As MRfanny already suggested, it sounds like your shutter speed is too slow. Since you have 60 frames per second, shutter speed needs to be at least 1/60 s. For proper motion blur I'd go for 1/120.

• I do slow motion with the GH3 1080p @ 60 FPS all the time. It is definitely true 60 Frames Per Second Progressive. Your program must be reading it wrong if it is not 60 FPS.

Please note that there is only one way to get a true 1/120 of a second on the GH3. Unless you use the flicker reduction mode it will use 1/125 of a second. However, the difference between 1/120 and 1/125 is insignificant.

I shoot all of my videos in Program or Shutter priority stills mode with auto ISO and with the Flicker Reduction mode turned on for video. That allows me to take stills and video without adjusting any settings. It also prevents my shutter speed from going faster than 1/120 of a second under fluorescent lighting which can be an issue.

Here are some examples.

• Shutter speed was at 50. It works at 125! Thanks everybody.

• Thanks for all the info, problem is solved. Shutter speed slower than the frame rate is big no-no. It creates doubled up frames in an erratic fashion which will ruin the shot. Feature Request: It would be nice if a warning comes up if shutter speed is set slower than frame rate.