Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
25mm F0.95 Kodak / Sakar m43 lens

Upon a quick test of this Kodak-branded Sakar lens, we were surprised by how well it seems to perform at f0.95.
    The build quality seems to be on par with the optical performance. Being an all-manual lens, we found both the focusing and aperture rings to run quite smoothly. The barrel of the lens seems to be made of metal, at least thats what the finish felt like.

Via http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/10/25/surprise-surprise-sakar-bringing-fast-kodak-branded-glass-micro-four-thirds/

kodak.jpg
    677 x 451 - 59K
    kodak1.jpg
    674 x 450 - 61K
  • 17 Replies sorted by
  • Wait a min! That looks just like a certain other lens that's 25mm and 0.95!!!! I'm looking at mine right now and the dame front looks the same as well as a few other things.

• May be it'll solve a mystery :-)

• Just what m43 needs... more 25 and 50 lenses. Yay kodak, welcome to the party.

• Uh-oh!! Should we wait for the Sakar 1.33x anamorphic lens? $129.95 :)

• The 52mm front ring throws it off a bit from what I think you guys are suggesting. ;)

• does PV on its front stands for Personal View Edition? ;)

• The 25 looks at first glance like it could go well together with the 17.5 voigt.. Some green fringing in there wide open, but not too bad (and I´d prefer some green fringing over purple). Seems like a promising budget option. The 50 looks very, very soft.

• With a predicted price of US$400 this will be a very tempting lens!!!

• The 50 looks very, very soft.

As I understand it is made like portrait lens. So to 2.0-2.8 it must be sharp enough for it. Samyang 85mm is also designed in similar way, so it is always slightly unsharp, only slightly.

• I guess they didn't also purchase the schneider name too? That'd really help sell these rebrands! :)

• The photos taken at the Expo reminded me of why I sold my Nokton 25mm in the first place - soft, soft, soft!

• Wow, where did these come from?! Nice!!

• Waiting test by seconds.

• Something really fishy is going on with these lenses, that's for sure.

• What do you mean?

@kazuo I don't expect any of these f0.95 or f1.1 consumer prized lenses (yes Noktons too) to be sharp wide open and you shouldn't either.

Anyway, I like the Kodak branding ;)

• Well, any new news about this lens after 2 years?