Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mixing a PAL GH2 24p with 25p footage
  • Hey there guy's

i had this shoot last week and it consisted of 3 canon's PAL (5D and 2 7D's) ..they all shot in 1080p 25 but my GH2 was hacked and using the 44mb 24p. Because i got a card write error on 1080i and 720p 50 when using the Sandisk 45mb 16GB my only option was 24p SH, is there anyway to change the clips to 25p with cinema tools and not have a 4% speed up in audio ? or just drop it in a 25p timeline and render out ? this final will be out on DVD

cheers
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • If you are concerned about pitch and not speed, use CT for the video and speed up the audio in any good audio program, they all can do it without pitch shift.

But avoiding speed change for in-camera audio is impossible for logical reasons. You can always use separate audio recording.

Just throwing it onto a 25p timeline will look poor (repeating occurrence of blended frames).
  • Thanks for that! i did the conform in CT from 24p -> 25p there was a slight shift in pitch but i heard that for years people in PAL land are use to hearning things spead up 4% and its not a big issue