Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Israel: 400,000 rally for social justice
  • The streets of cities across the country were jammed with an estimated 400,000 protesters on Saturday night, in the largest show of force yet for the social-issues protest movement that has dominated the headlines for two months.

The demonstrations were held under the banner “They [the government] only understand numbers.”

Saturday’s events were billed by organizers as a turning point, an all-out push for a critical mass of protesters to force the government to present solutions to the issues addressed by the movement.

Read the rest at http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=236568
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • The question is: How the Israeli government will respond to that? So far, all problems were the trigger on the threat from Islamic extremists. It was very convenient for the government of Israel. Condition of eternal threat explained the lack of any action to improve his stay population, and if anyone outside of Israel, criticized his policy was called an anti-Semite. It is also interesting that the government of Israel is supported by the Western right-wing groups which, in ways that disguise their dislike for Jews in their countries. I think that if he stopped any attacks from the Muslims that Israel alone would invent themselves terrorists.

• @Mihuel
    It is also interesting that the government of Israel is supported by the Western right-wing groups which, in ways that disguise their dislike for Jews in their countries.
    //////////////////

It's interesting that Fundamentalist Christian Right Wingers are avid Israel supporters, but only for the most cynical of reasons: They see the Jews as somehow essential to their plan of ascending to heaven on Judgment day. Part of that plan includes the Jews burning in hell once the dust settles. But in the meantime, they're big time on Israel's side.
  • Really, Christians hate Jews? And Islamic terrorists don't exist? Now you got me all confused... Oh right, the moon landing was faked, the government planned 9-11;... Wait, wait, Jesus was a Jew correct? So Christians secretly hate Jesus and he has no idea?
    How do you guys come up with all this, and keep a straight face?
    ;)
  • Guys it is _economics_ topic, in case you didn't noticed :-)
  • did you delete my post vitally.. i tell about economics..
    Libya(oil).. Afganistan(base material of lithium battery).. Iraque(oil)..
  • As it was reported on the French news, these Israelis were demonstrating against the high cost of living.
    This would fall into an emerging category of events which I like to call the "Facebook Phenomenon" - where a number of people get together by electronic means and manage to generate unrealistic expectations of social changes they might achieve - (e.g. in the London riots) or else, they manage to convince external governments of their immense numbers and manage to achieve foreign support for their cause (e.g. Libya).
    But mass demos for cheaper supermarket prices? That reminds me of the notorious group of Dada-ist older women called "les Pantheres Grises" who demonstrated in Marseille in the 80's under the banner, "Down With Death."
    Unlike the old French ladies (who did it for art) and the Libyan rebels (who seem to be winning), most Facebook Phenomenon groups only manage to disappear up their own arseholes - view the Australian truck convoy (to demonstrate against something they weren't sure of), converged upon our capital in numbers only 1/30th of what they'd expected. The media contingent at Canberra that day was bigger than the gaggle of truck-drivers!
    The news is: electronic media can now amass sizeable groups in a short time. People who've never demonstrated publicly can now get that, "we're all here - now, what?" feeling as they take part in a massive minority, shouting and singing in the streets, watched by a passive majority. And sometimes something changes. But lowering the cost of living?
  • @ Roberto "But lowering the cost of living?" Damn right. That's why the future flashmobs will have nothing to do with facebook. Hunger.com is the ultimate organizer.