Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
cross-platform development
  • I'm wondering if somebody could give me answers about programing tools whereas created code can be used for Windows, Mac and Linux. Adobe and Blackmagic seems to be a good example. They offer same Software for at least Windows and iOS (Mac). Whereas Sony Vegas is only available for Windows or Final Cut Pro for iOS(Mac).

Does Adobe and Blackmagic work with special software like http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Is there a standard cross-platform development tool when it comes to graphic and video.

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • What you mean exactly? As I understand, software you mentioned is written in C and C++. And use platform specific libraries for portability.

• @Vitaly I mean not the language. This is as far as I understand in most cases C# and C++. I mean software which can compile for .net as well as for iOS. Where code for winforms, file management etc. can be used on both platforms.

• So, you want to write something at C# and use it in iOS product? I am sure Mono, and may be some specialized things exist. If your main language is C# it is much more easy to develop for Windows Phone :-)

• @Vitaly, . I mean Mac OS X and not iOS :-)

• I am confused in this case.

Do you mean tools for any language that can deploy to MacOS and Windows? It is quite a big amount of them.

Or you mean specifically C# tools?

• @Vitaly, yes I mean tools for any language that can deploy to MacOS and Windows. Something like SharpDevelop (with a form designer) which I like to use for .net development in Windows and compile from there same project for MacOS as well.

• Ones I know are Lazarus and Emcarcadero RAD Studio.

.net based tools always require some big runtime thing also deployed and are very restricting in that you can do (hence you will need to write some native libraries).

• There are a number of Multi-platform development options around (Lightworks was developed on one of them).

Several use Python in order to stitch together C# components.

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9087448/how-does-python-come-off-as-a-multi-platform-programming-language