Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
"Total Video Converter"
  • Anybody here know anything about Bigasoft's "Total Video Converter" which they claim does perfect ProRes 422 or 4444 coding/decoding for PC users?

Neil

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Encoding can be done with free ffmbc, decoding works via QuickTime. Here is a guide to encoding: http://www.authorityfx.com/encoding-videos-in-prores-4444-on-windows/

• @meierhans ...

Thanks for the link, I'd googled all sorts of things but hadn't found this "gui'd" software. Not particularly interested in going back to command-line operations if I can avoid it, which is why I'd not been interested in "basic" ffmbc.

Neil

• I just tried the last version of BigasoftTotal Video Converter, but couldn't find ProRes option of conversion.

• Quoting from their site:

"To get ProRes 422 (Proxy), ProRes 422 (LT), and ProRes 422 (HQ) on Mac and PC, you can press "Setting..." button and go to the "Advanced" Window, set "LT"" Proxy" and "HQ" in "Profile"."

Not done it ... but they specifically list 4444 as available through a couple products including "Bigasoft". I'll have to give it a whirl myself maybe early next week ...

Neil

• I've used ffmbc with anotherGUI front end with good results.

• Actually, there is a Bigasoft Prores Converter (v3.7.47.4976) which is fully able to convert AVCHD to ProRes. I found it and tested it - successfully on Win7.

• Actually, I did successful conversion to ProRes 444 with Total Video Converter. Confirmed!

• Producer...how? Did you use the LT and HQ settings listed by rNeil?

I also downloaded their AVCHD converter. I converted a hacked GH2 mts file (Sanity 5) to mp4 and the converted file was larger than the original!