Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
InLens stabilisation or program (AE CC)?
  • Hi. What will you prefer inLens stabilisation or program post stabilisation for video? Im using Lumix 14-42 kit lens with stab and sometimes on a thin small objects I can see some "jitter" from stabilisation. On the other hand, when Im using post stabilisation, it will "eat" borders. Dilemma...

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • The best is to get stable shot in the first place :) Using tripod, steadycam etc..

• @mityazabuben

Best and simplest approach is adding mass and support points. Usually cheapest way is rig or monopod depending on your shooting needs.

• Tx, I know about this methods) But Im shooting from air with gimbal built with a servos, so there are a little movement on a pitch axis during stabilisation, that I cannot remove. Actually, I read posts/view videos from other people, and theyve also got this "effect". I think its a functional limitations of a servos. So, i need to choose lesser evil...

• I think best blushless gymbals must be good.

• Yap, we are planning to purchase new gymbal.