Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Japan's Debt Problem
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • Interesting. Is there samekind of animation that explains European financial / debt crisis?

• Is there samekind of animation that explains European financial / debt crisis?

Main principles are all the same.
    As I told quite a time ago - just check bonds rates. It is indicator of future disaster.

• This "central bank just prints more money" goes always over my head. It's just against common sense.

• This "central bank just prints more money" goes always over my head. It's just against common sense.

Central bank issues debt, and prints new money according to this debt issued. This is rule in corrent capitalist system. Normal rule must be just printing (and removing) money as required.

• Here we go again. That presentation is full of unproven assumptions, and conclusions unwarranted by historical experience.

Japan has seen price deflation going on 25 years straight -- which has been disastrous. But what are these people worried about? Or what do they claim to be worried about? Runaway inflation!

One might also ask, how often have their predictions been accurate over the last 20-30 years, if their theory is sound?

And what's their excuse for being consistently mistaken? Reality is wrong! It's just a matter of time. Next week. Next year. Next century. Sooner or later, they'll be proven right. Trouble is, with only 3 alternatives -- reasonable price stability, high inflation, deflation -- you don't have to guess correctly to be right. Meanwhile, they're batting zero.

• @jrd

Presentation just show basic things that are absolutely correct. As for your complains, problem is that trying to make conclusions about future looking only at the past expirience is just wrong. No one in Japan in the beginning of 1980s could think that it'll be in 1990s if they based their assumptions on same principle.

• Presentation just show basic things that are absolutely correct.

So despite the fact that proponents of this view have never correctly predicted the future -- indeed, have predicted the exactly opposite of what's actually happened --their description of reality is "absolutely correct"?

If reality isn't the proof of correctness, what is? I think it would be more accurate to say that many people are emotionally disposed to believe what they're saying, despite evidence (real-life outcomes) which would seem to disprove their claims.

• So despite the fact that proponents of this view have never correctly predicted the future -- indeed, have predicted the exactly opposite of what's actually happened --their description of reality is "absolutely correct

LOL. Thing is it is not prediction, it is constatation of facts. I do not see anything that say "xxx thing will happen at yy time".

It is also absolutely wrong statement that such things did not happened previously, bacause they happened many times :-) some countries went into default state, some used EU and international money to get some delay.

• Thing is it is not prediction, it is constatation of facts.

There are a lot of assertions made in that video, but no facts, if "facts" means statements backed up by actual proof, sufficient to convince a viewer not already in agreement.

It is also absolutely wrong statement that such things did not happened previously

Again, there are only 3 possible outcomes -- speaking broadly -- so the fact that one of them occurs from time to time doesn't mean much.

These people claim to understand how sovereign debt works, and its consequences. If that's true, they should be able to predict the future -- if x occurs, then y has to follow. That they clearly can't reliably or accurately predict the future, with respect to operations of sovereign debt, maybe raises doubts about their understanding.

However, rather debate the substance, I'd just insist that their presentation is ideological, not factual, because they don't prove anything they claim. They don't even bother to argue -- to listen to these people, you'd never guess there's any disagreement on these questions.

• @jrd

Something tells me that you just oppose by principle :-) As your accusations are not related to video in any way. I also doubt that people reading this can understand that you want to prove, either that defaults due to debt problem never occured or what?