Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
  • Twixtor enables you to speed up, slow down or frame rate convert1 your image sequences with visually stunning results. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence... employing RE:Vision's proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.

New in V6: Twixtor 6 now has GPU support for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro and Apple Final Cut Pro.

Internal calculation speedups of up to 5x on GPUs have been measured over running Twixtor in CPU mode, already known for its speed. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards such as the AMD FirePro W7000-9000, Radeon HD 7970 or 7990 or NVIDIA Quadro K5000, K6000 and GeForce GTX 680, 690, 780 and Titan. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops.

As a total user experience that includes reading frames, processing with Twixtor and writing frames to disk, we have measured speedups of up to 5x in After Effects, and in Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro we have measured total user experience speedups of up to 3x. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.

Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration, specific GPU, and features of Twixtor that are used. Customers who have used Twixtor 5 should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to Twixtor 6.

Usage example:

Product page:

http://revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Since Twixtor only comes as a plugin a haven't found any way to batch convert frame rate of multiple files with it anywhere on the net. So I wrote I little script for After Effects that allows batch frame rate conversion with Twixtor in just few clicks.

About the script:

The download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kXAiYbl5AIdV95c2VRT0gxVFk/edit?usp=sharing

This is especially handy for Olympus EM5/EM1 owners. Yes, 30p only sucks big time.

• @zigizigi thanks very much for your great hard work =). I downloaded, will try it soon on a mac

Meanwhile I have 1 question, I thought twixtor was mainly used for "extreme" slow-downs; are you using it for "normal" frame rate conversions? If so, please why?

If you manage to make your script work with a/any selectable effect or anim preset, ala RenderLayers redefinery style - what happened to this guys, where they buried by adobe? - you would make some folks (me included) very very happy... and if you manage to automate an option for keeping the original name, well, you'll be the King, an honoured as such, je je

• Twixtor works very well for conversions like 29.97 to 25 fps too.