Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
  • hi, i am looking for an lcd screen hood for my panasonic HDC-SDT750 cams, i cant see the screen properly during daylight shooting, especially in sunlight.

i have looked everywhere, but to no avail, however maybe someone out there has seen them, and if so, please let me know where i can find one.

cheers...glen

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • thx for the links, there are lots of different sun shades/hoods etc in ebay, most are either generic, or others designed to fit specific model camera's, and this is what i was looking for.

the thread was posted in the hope of possibly finding a sun shade/hood for the lcd screen on my particular HDC-SDT750 video cams.

it seems when it comes to accessories for cameras, there is more attention paid to DSLR type camera's than for traditional type video cams, so it is often more difficult to locate specific items.

i could make my own shade, given that i have recently designed and made a series of shoulder and hand held video cam rigs using PVC plumbing pipe and associated fittings, but i would much prefer to buy one that fits my cams without having to modify it like i would using a chinese generic shade, or a shade designed to fit a different camera.

i will keep looking, or make my own.

cheers

• I doubt that such thing as specific hood for your camera exist (and it is old camera, btw).

You need to measure screen and just sepect appropriate hood for it.

• yes it appears there will be no hood specific to my camera, and although my camera model is from 2010, there is nothing different between my model camera and the new models produced since then, they all shoot in the same modes at the same bitrates, so there is no need to upgrade to one of the new models just to get the same features.

also this model cam has a very good AF system, which i use all the time, plus it has a wonderful image stabilization system as well, better than most other pro-sumer or consumer video cams.

the only difference between my cam and newer models may be the storage capacity, which in my camera is 1 single 64gb sdxc card that can shoot 5.5 hours @ 28Mbps where others may have 2 card slots, or 1 card slot + some internal flash storage.

so far i never had problems having just 1 card slot, so not a problem for me, however i will upgrade to the AG-AC90 very soon.

cheers

• @ Vitaliy

" ...On ebay chinese have various sun hoods for 3-3.5" screens."

I had seen a Chinese custom shaped ( much deeper ) hood hinged at the top for BMCC while back. Would you remember such thing ?

• i have now made my own sun shade/hood specific to my own camera screen, and it works beautifully, all it needs now is a coat of black spray paint.

it was made from a pvc plumbing downpipe connector bought from the hardware store for $5 and i can make 2 lens shades from it, so thats $2.50 per shade.

here is a link to the shade i made.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/y93lzy1g9qyyy/SDT750_Sun_Hood

• hi, i have just finished making another sun shade for my sons panny GH2 camera, so here are the pics.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hw0oejw3cl771/GH2_Screen_Sun_Shade

tomorrow i will go buy another one of these plumbing fittings and upload a photo of it so you might get a better idea which one it is, however i live in australia so our plumbing stuff might be different to other countries.

EDIT: the photos are updated showing the hoods painted black